Saturday, March 15, 2014


A LAND FLOWING WITH MILK AND HONEY  #3

 

Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the RENEWAL OF ALL THINGS, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne,… everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. Mt 19:28-29

Jesus said, “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. Mt. 10:16-39

The apostle Paul said, “In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,.” 2 Tim. 3:12

Persecution then:

 

"Nero punished a race of men who were hated for their evil practices. These men were called Christians. He got a number of people to confess. On their evidence a number of Christians were convicted and put to death with dreadful cruelty. Some were covered with the skins of wild beasts and left to be eaten by dogs. Others were nailed to the cross. Many were burned alive and set on fire to serve as torches at night."

Tacitus

Persecution now:


At some point, ALL of us are tested as to the truth of our faith. 

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

THE REWARDS ARE THE FULFILLMENT OF HIS PROMISE TO ETERNALLY BLESS HIS FAITHFUL WITNESSES

Houses – NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Family-LA FAMILIA

Spouse-INTIMACY

Children-TREASURES

Fields-PROPERTY

 ALL THESE WILL BE RESTORED A HUNDRED FOLD AT THE RENEWAL OF ALL THINGS.

The New Heavens and The New Earth will be a place of safety and comfort where we will serve the Lord in peace on our own parcel of  The Promised Land.  Oh yes, we’ll work; but the work will be without the burdens of the curse. We will have no more “sweat of the brow.”! But rather, what we put our hands to will be work in which we take delight. We will enjoy doing it; and take pleasure in the sense of a job well done, every time. No more boredom, no more frustration. We will rejoice that our service, the fruits of our labor, will overflow in abundance to the benefit of all in the Kingdom. I do think that this life is “on the job training” for what tasks He will have for us in the Kingdom.  Tell me, what do you want to be when you “grow up”? I KNOW WHAT I DREAM ABOUT.

When I make my daily rounds tending my garden (I’m compelled. My grandfather was a field worker in Sicily-it’s in my blood!) I am continually stunned by the intricate design and beauty of the Lord’s handiwork. O my! It’s hard to describe the feelings I get when I lay my eyes upon such wonders as flowering vines, blossoming fruit trees or sprouting tomato plants.  But when I do, my lips praise the Lord; and it is in my heart that when He receives me into the Kingdom of Heaven, that He would make me a “field worker” growing fruits and vegetables for the rest of you! I’d like to build a nice little road side fruit and vegetable stand on the corner of Salvation Way and Glory Road. You can all come and enjoy the bounty of the Lord’s harvest, without money and without price. And I was thinking maybe a little Tuscan style farmhouse where Diana can rattle some pots and pans, and we can all dine together with the Lord over some of her Egg Plant Parmesan.  I know, I know, there is no marriage in heaven. But we can hang together, can’t we? And there I’ll talk to her wherever, whenever and for ever as long as she likes; and she’ll never make me wait, or make me late! Will I get in trouble for writing this?

Think I’m being Carnal Minded?  Maybe, but I doubt it. However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” the things God has prepared for those who love him—these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. 1 Cor. 2: 9-10

Hear the terms revealed in the Word of the Lord:

The Promised Land

The New Heaven and The New Earth

Another country, a better one

A heavenly homeland

The Heavenly city

New bodies

Pleasures at His right hand forevermore

Milk and honey (sounds like the ingredients for Ice Cream)

Fig Trees and Grape Vines (sounds like wine and desserts)

Waters of the river of life

The Wedding Feast of the Lamb

Paradise, Eden and the Garden of God

I’M TAKIN’ THE LORD AT HIS WORD!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment