Saturday, April 5, 2014


GREAT EXPECTATIONS

 

Years ago I traveled to Eastern Pennsylvania to teach a seminar on The Tabernacle and Its foreshadowing of heavenly things (but that’s a discussion for another day).  It was the second week in   April, and it was cold! My first morning there I bundled up and attempted to go jogging. I lasted 2 blocks because I thought my lungs might freeze. The next morning, having given up on the idea of jogging, I decided to just walk.  As I stepped through the door to leave I felt l like I just landed in Hawaii!

SPRING HAD SPRUNG!!!!!!!

The sky was so blue, the air smelled so sweet, the birds were chirping a symphony, the trees were flowering, you could literally watch the grass grow, the children were frolicking in the street and everybody was smiling and greeting one another with cheer as a result of Spring Fever. But, alas, the Fever only lasts about a week!

The earth was sloughing off the deadness of winter and clothing itself with the glorious newness of life exactly in accordance with God’s direction. No matter what corner of the planet that we call home, once in every four seasons of the year the Lord infects us with Spring Fever to give us a yearly reminder of the wonderful DAY that He has appointed to renew the Heavens and the Earth.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. FOR THE CREATION WAITS IN EAGER EXPECTATION FOR THE CHILDREN OF GOD TO BE REVEALED. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, IN HOPE THAT THE CREATION ITSELF WILL BE LIBERATED FROM ITS BONDAGE TO DECAY AND BROUGHT INTO THE FREEDOM AND GLORY OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD. ROM.  8:18-21

So, an eternal case of the Spring Fever?! Hmmmm?!

No comments:

Post a Comment